Monday, September 1, 2014

Peter S. Beagle, The Last Unicorn

Posted by Unknown at 1:41 PM
I am no king, and I am no lord,
And I am no soldier at-arms," said he.
"I'm none but a harper, and a very poor harper,
That am come hither to wed with ye."

"If you were a lord, you should be my lord,
And the same if you were a thief," said she.
"And if you are a harper, you shall be my harper,
For it makes no matter to me, to me,
For it makes no matter to me."

"But what if it prove that I am no harper?
That I lied for your love most monstrously?"

"Why, then I'll teach you to play and sing,
For I dearly love a good harp," said she.

Inspirational Quotes And Sayings by Peter S. Beagle, The Last Unicorn

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Best Collection of Inspirational Quotes Copyright © 2012 | Best Love Quotes | Best Romantic Quotes | Best Funny Quotes